Bottom Content goes here.
Wikipedia content requires these links.....
Wikipedia content is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
February 6 is the 37th day of the year in the Gregorian Calendar. There are
328 days remaining, 329 in leap years.
* 1778 - American Revolutionary War: In Paris the Treaty of Alliance and
the Treaty of Amity and Commerce are signed by the United States and
France signaling official recognition of the new republic.
* 1788 - Massachusetts becomes the sixth state to ratify the United
* 1815 - New Jersey grants the first American railroad charter to a John
* 1819 - Sir Thomas Stamford Raffles founds Singapore
* 1820 - 86 free African American colonists sail from New York City to
Freeport, Sierra Leone
* 1840 - Signing of the Treaty of Waitangi, founding document of New
* 1843 - The first minstrel show in the United States The Virginia
Minstrels opens (Bowery Amphitheatre in New York City).
* 1862 - American Civil War: Ulysses S. Grant gives the United States its
first victory of the war, by capturing Fort Henry, Tennessee
* 1899 - Spanish-American War: A peace treaty between the United States
and Spain is ratified by the United States Senate.
* 1900 - The international arbitration court at The Hague is created when
the Netherlands' Senate ratifies an 1899 peace conference decree.
* 1922 - Achille Ratti becomes Pope Pius XI.
* 1933 - The 20th Amendment to the United States Constitution goes into
* 1936 - 1936 Winter Olympic Games open in Garmisch-Partenkirchen,
* 1952 - Elizabeth II becomes Queen upon the death of her father George
* 1958 - Munich Air Disaster
* 1959 - At Cape Canaveral, Florida, the first successful test firing of
a Titan intercontinental ballistic missile is accomplished.
* 1968 - 1968 Winter Olympic Games open in Grenoble, France
* 1985 - Steve Wozniak leaves Apple Computer
* 1998 - Washington National Airport is renamed Ronald Reagan National
* 1998 - Crown Prince Abdullah becomes the ruler of Jordan by decree of
his father, King Hussein.
* 1564 - Christopher Marlowe, playwright
* 1665 - Queen Anne (+ 1714)
* 1756 - Aaron Burr, Vice President of the United States (+ 1836)
* 1887 - Josef Frings, archbishop of Cologne (+ 1978)
* 1889 - Elmo Lincoln, actor (+ 1952)
* 1895 - Babe Ruth, Baseball Hall of Famer (+ 1948)
* 1899 - Ramon Novarro, actor (+ 1968)
* 1903 - Claudio Arrau, pianist (+ 1991)
* 1910 - Irmgard Keun, author (+ 1982)
* 1911 - Ronald Reagan, 40th President of the United States
* 1912 - Eva Braun, Adolf Hitler's mistress (+ 1945)
* 1913 - Mary Leakey, anthropologist (+ 1996)
* 1914 - Thurl Ravenscroft, voice-over actor ("Tony the Tiger")
* 1917 - Zsa Zsa Gabor, actress
* 1918 - Lothar-Gźnther Buchheim, author of Das Boot
* 1922 - Patrick Macnee, actor
* 1926 - Haskell Wexler, cinematographer
* 1929 - Pierre Brice, actor
* 1931 - Rip Torn, actor, director
* 1932 - FranŤois Truffaut, film director (+ 1984)
* 1939 - Mike Farrell, actor
* 1940 - Tom Brokaw, news anchorman
* 1943 - Fabian Forte, singer
* 1945 - Bob Marley, reggae musician (+ 1981)
* 1950 - Natalie Cole, singer
* 1951 - Princess DaphnŽ of Belgium
* 1954 - Argusto Emfazie, occultist, author
* 1957 - Kathy Najimy, actress, comedian
* 1957 - Robert Townsend, comedian, actor, director, producer
* 1962 - Axl Rose, musician ("Guns N'Roses")
* 1685 - King Charles II of England
* 1793 - Carlo Goldoni, playwright
* 1916 - RubŽn Dar’o, writer
* 1918 - Gustav Klimt, Austrian painter
* 1952 - King George VI of the United Kingdom
* 1976 - Vince Guaraldi, musician
* 1989 - Barbara Tuchman, historian
* 1991 - Danny Thomas, singer, comedia, actor
* 1993 - Arthur Ashe, tennis star
* 1993 - Joseph Mankiewicz, director, producer, writer
* 1994 - Jack Kirby, comic book writer
* 1994 - Joseph Cotten, actor
* 1996 - Guy Madison, actor
* 1998 - Carl Wilson, musician ("The Beach Boys")
* 1998 - Falco, singer
* 2002 - Guy Stockwell, actor
Holidays and observances
* Catholicism - Feast day of St Paul Miki and his companions.
* National holiday for the Saami people.
* Waitangi day - New Zealand