Bottom Content goes here.
Wikipedia content requires these links.....
Wikipedia content is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
* January 12 - The first American museum open to the public is opened in
(Charleston, South Carolina).
* January 17 - Captain James Cook becomes the first European explorer to
cross the Antarctic Circle
* April 27 or May 10 - The British Parliament passes the Tea Act,
designed to save the British East India Company by granting it a
monopoly on the North American tea trade.
* May 8 - Ali Bey dies of wounds recieved in a skirmish with Ottoman
* October 12 - America's first insane asylum opens for 'Persons of Insane
and Disordered Minds' in Vancouver.
* December 16 - Boston Tea Party
* Antigua is destroyed by an earthquake
* The capital of Guatemala is moved to Guatemala City
* Holy Roman Emperor Joseph II expels Jesuits from the Empire, and Pope
Clement XIV orders the dissolution of the Society of Jesus.
* Baron de Morveau experiments with chlorine as a disinfectant
* Daniel Boone leads some pioneers into Kentucky. "Native American
Indians" attack, and Boone's son is killed
* Ottoman Sultan Mustapha III dies, and is succeeded by his brother
* Hilaire Rouelle discovers urea
* January 27 - Prince Augustus of Great Britain, later Duke of Sussex,
sixth son of King George III
* February 9 - William Henry Harrison, President of the United States (+
* May 15 - Prince Klemens Wenzel von Metternich, statesman (+ 1859)
* May 19 - Arthur Aikin, English chemist and mineralogist
* July 5 - Prince Louis of Bourbon-Parma, later King of Etruria
* October 6 - Louis Philippe, Duc de Chartres, later Duc d'Orleans and
King of the French
* February 20 - King Charles Emmanuel III of Savoy
* May 8 - Ali Bey
* May 25 - Mustapha III, Ottoman Sultan
Heads of states
* China - Qianlong Emperor of China, Qing Dynasty (reigned from October
18, 1735 to February 9, 1796)
* France - Louis XV King of France (1715-1774)
* Holy See - Clement XIV pope (1769-1774)
* Prussia - Frederick II King of Prussia (1740-1786)
* Spain - Charles III King of Spain (1759-1788)
* Sweden - Gustav III King of Sweden (1771-1792)