Bottom Content goes here.
Wikipedia content requires these links.....
Wikipedia content is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
* March 14 - Cardinal Barnaba Chiaramonti is elected pope Pius VII
* March 21 - Pius VII becomes Pope
* May 15 - Napoleon Bonaparte crosses the Alps and invades Italy
* June 14 - Battle of Marengo, Napoleon defeats the Austrian troops near
* June 27 - Pascha Jussuf Karamanli of Tripoli declares war on Sweden by
having the flagpole on the consulate chopped down.
* September 5 - The island of Malta, that was occupied by the French, is
conquered by British troops
* December 3 - Battle of Hohenlinden, the French army defeats the
* December 24 - An assault on Napoleon Bonaparte fails in Paris
* Invention of the voltaic pile by Alessandro Volta: the first chemical
* The infrared radiation is discovered by Wilhelm Herschel
* January 7 - Millard Fillmore, 13th President of the United States
* February 11 - William Henry Fox Talbot, English photographic pioneer
* March 15 - Heinrich von Dechsen, geologist and mineralogist (+ 1889)
* May 9 - John Brown, American abolitionist (+ 1859)
* July 31 - Friedrich Wšhler, German chemist
* October 2 - Nat Turner, leader of a slave rebellion
* Charles Goodyear, American rubber magnate
* Emperor Ninko of Japan
* January 1 - Louis-Jean-Marie Daubenton, French naturalist
* March 14 - Daines Barrington, English naturalist