Bottom Content goes here.
Wikipedia content requires these links.....
Wikipedia content is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
* Great Comet of 1811
* February 5 - George, Prince of Wales becomes Regent because of King
George III's (England) insanity.He is known as the Prince Regent. This
is the beginning of the period known as the English Regency.
* March 1 - Leaders of the Mameluke dynasty are killed by Egyptian ruler
* April 5 and 6 - revolutionary riots in Buenos Aires.
* May 14 - Paraguay gains independence from Spain.
* July 5 - Venezuela is the first South American country to declare
independence from Spain.
* July 11 - Italian scientist Amedeo Avogadro publishes his memoire about
molecular content of gases
* October 11 - Inventor John Stevens' boat, the Juliana, begins operation
as the first steam-powered ferry (service between New York, New York,
and Hoboken, New Jersey).
* November - Luddite uprisings begin
* January 9 - Gilbert Abbott a Beckett, writer
* January 17 - Joshua Abraham Norton, later Emperor Norton I of the
United States (or February 14, 1819).
* February 3 - Horace Greeley, journalist, editor, publisher (+ 1872)
* March 20 - Napoleon II of France (+ 1832)
* March 30 - Robert Wilhelm Bunsen, chemist, inventor: Bunsen burner (+
* July - William Makepeace Thackeray, British novelist
* August 31 - Theophile Gautier, poet, novelist
* October 22 - Franz Liszt, composer
* Robert Wilhelm Bunsen, (Bunsen burner)
* May 28 - Henry Dundas, 1st Viscount Melville, British minister (*1742)
Heads of states
* Denmark - Frederick VI King of Denmark (1808-1839), and King of Norway
* France - Napolˇon I Emperor of France (1804-1814)
* Ottoman Empire - Mahmud II Sultan of the Ottoman Empire (1808-1839)
* Prussia - Frederick William III King of Prussia (1797-1840)
* Spain - Joseph Bonaparte King of Spain (1808-1813)
* Russia - Alexander I Tsar of Russia (1801-1825)