Bottom Content goes here.
Wikipedia content requires these links.....
Wikipedia content is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
* Wimbledon: Henry Cavendish Jones convinced the "All England Croquet
Club" to replace a croquet court with a lawn tennis court.
* January 12 - Kwang-su becomes emperor of China.
* May 17 - Aristides wins the first Kentucky Derby
* September 1 - A murder conviction effectively forces the violent Irish
anti-owner coal miners, the "Molly Maguires", to disband.
* January 14 - Albert Schweitzer, Alsatian physician, philosopher, and
musician, winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 1952 (+ 1965)
* January 22 - D. W. Griffith, director
* February 11 - Sara Wennerberg-Reuter, composer
* February 26 - Hans Bšckler, unionist and politician (+ 1951)
* March 7 - Maurice Ravel, composer (+ 1937)
* March 26 - Syngman Rhee, President of South Korea (+ 1965)
* April 1 - Edgar Wallace, writer (+ 1932)
* April 2 - Walter Chrysler, automobile pioneer (+ 1940)
* April 4 - Pierre Monteux, conductor
* April 5 - Mistinguett, French cabaret singer
* April 8 - Albert I of Belgium
* June 12 - Sam De Grasse, pioneer Hollywood actor (+ 1953)
* June 24 - Diedrich Westermann, German linguist (+ 1956)
* September 1 - Edgar Rice Burroughs, author
* October 1 - Eugeen Van Mieghem, painter
* October 12 - Aleister Crowley, British occultist (+ 1947)
* October 23 - Gilbert N. Lewis, physical chemist
* December 5 - Arthur Currie, Canadian military leader (+ 1933)
* Dr Krishna Chandra Bhattacharya
* January 23 - Charles Kingsley, English writer
* February 22 - Sir Charles Lyell, British geologist.
* May 17 - John C. Breckinridge, Vice President of the United States
* June 3 - Georges Bizet, French composer
* August 4 - Hans Christian Andersen, Writer.