Bottom Content goes here.
Wikipedia content requires these links.....
Wikipedia content is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
Scald the quinces tender, pare them thin, scrape off the pulp, mix with
sugar very sweet, and add a little ginger and cinnamon. To a pint of cream
put three or four yolks of eggs, and stir it into the quinces till they are
of a good thickness. Butter the dish, pour it in, and bake it.
And, translated into English:
1. Scald quinces until tender.
2. Skin them and scrape the pulp into a mixing bowl.
3. Blend the pulp with sugar until very sweet.
4. Add ginger and cinnamon to taste.
5. Mix 3-4 egg yolks into a pint of cream.
6. Stir this into the quince pulp until thick.
7. Butter a pudding-pan.
8. Pour in the quince-cream mixture.
9. Bake until firm but still slighty wobbley in the centre. Remove from
oven and leave till set.