Bottom Content goes here.
Wikipedia content requires these links.....
Wikipedia content is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
2002 in video gaming
Video Game Consoles
No major new video game consoles were introduced in 2002.
The market research company NPD estimated that video game hardware,
software, and accessories sold about US$10.3 billion in 2002. This was a 10%
increase over the 2001 figure.
The dominant consoles in 2002 were:
* Sony's PlayStation 2
* Nintendo's GameCube
* Microsoft's XBox
* Nintendo's Game Boy Advance
Top Video Games
The top 10 console video games in 2002 ranked by dollars of sales, according
to NPD, were:
1. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, by Rockstar Games, for PlayStation 2
2. Grand Theft Auto 3, by Rockstar Games, for PlayStation 2
3. Madden Football 2003, by Electronic Arts, for PlayStation 2
4. Super Mario Advance 2, by Nintendo, for Game Boy Advance
5. Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec, by Sony, for PlayStation 2
6. Medal of Honor Frontline, by Electronic Arts, for PlayStation 2
7. Spider-Man: The Movie, by Activision, for PlayStation 2
8. Kingdom Hearts, by Squaresoft, for PlayStation 2
9. Halo, by Microsoft, for XBox
10. Super Mario Sunshine, by Nintendo, for GameCube